So here we go. I'm a 34-year journalist (I started young) and I've been laid off. I don't want to relocate from Seattle, where I have lived for 23 years. I have applied for unemployment for the first time. I have friends leaving or being laid off by newspapers, which are the backbone of the media business. Journalism is changing, and possibly not for the better. And so there's only one thing to do about all this: blog.
Well, OK, also look for a job. Here's where I have worked, in chronological order:
- Albion Evening Record in Albion, Mich.
- KUJ-AM in Walla Walla, Wash.
- KRPL-AM in Moscow, Idaho.
- KIOK-FM in Richland, Wash.
- KALE-AM in Richland, Wash.
- Tri-City Herald in Kennewick, Wash.
- Seattle Times.
- Seattle Weekly.
I've probably forgotten something. Oh, I've messed around some with Web development.
Now, do I have anything intelligent to say? About to find out.